feed

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Our Wedding, 8th Dec 2012 (Part 1)

So...
I am now married.

No more ticking "Single" on forms,
no more "me" but "us".

To me, it was...


But I think to him, it is...
How we got to know each other?

I had written this for one of the emcee who was hired,
so in order for him not to sound like a hired one,
they requested for this.

So, here goes:

Whenever asked how did we know each other, 
Edwin would reply “At a club”. 

Being a girl, of course that doesn’t sound good. 
However, that wasn’t entirely wrong, or right either. 
We met via 2 very good friends of ours, Ivan & Anisah. 
They were the ones who brought us together, I would say. 
They introduced us to each other right outside Boilers (St James). 
After partying, all of us went for supper and he asked for my number. 
I gave him 7 numbers, missing 1.

He said he tried calling all possible numbers, 
but he didn’t try the number “0” thus I never hear from him 
until Anisah persuaded me to allow her to give him my number.

I still remember clearly how Edwin impressed me on the first date. 
I was then obsessed with a drama airing on TV 
and going out with him would mean that I would miss 1 of the episode. 
He went the extra mile and actually burned that episode into a DVD for me. 

When I entered his car and he passed me the DVD, 
I was so touched and shocked that he would actually do that for me. 
I guess that’s when my heart starts to tug and I wanted to get to know him more.

The next time I saw him again was together with a group of friends. 
He forgotten where he parked his car (he has this problem with finding his car till now -.-“ ) 
and we searched storey after storey to find his car. 

I was very amused as that was the first time I met someone 
who can actually cannot remember where he park his car 
and he is not even a female to begin with! 
How can a man forget his car?!

The next day, he texted me and asked me to join his friends for majong. 

It was a Sunday, my family day and I hardly know how to play, so I turned him down. 
He said okay and I thought everything was cool. 
But I received another text shortly after and it was directed to his friend. 

Apparently, he had sent it to me by mistake. 
He said that I was playing hard to get. 
WTF! WTF! @###%!@@@!#@ I was furious! 
Rejecting you means playing hard to get??!!! 

Being strong headed, I texted him back and scolded him. 
He apologized but I didn’t reply cos’ I thought that I’m done with this ridiculous man.

But he called me the next day 
and I was still irritated so I told him to stop bothering me.

He is a determined man, I tell u. 
He eventually got me to forgive him. 
He made an animation from scratch, showing a boy (looks like him) 
with the captions “I am sorry”. 

What kind of extinct man is this? 
Every other guy will simply just move on and get on with their life. 
But this man actually made me an animation.

A few months of knowing each other better, 
I finally became the first girlfriend of a 24 year old virgin.

The proposal was carried out in secret with the help of his good friends. 

He even called my friends to make sure that they will be present. 

It was at the place we first met, Boilers at St James. 
I remembered that he told me his friend had just came back from overseas 
and they wanted to party at Boilers. 
I was asked to go as well. 

Much to my surprise, my friends also texted me, telling me they were going to Boilers. 
I was thinking what a coincidence. 

Never did I expect that he will be proposing on that night on the stage. 
He asked the performer (emcee) to invite him on stage in the pretense 
that he was sabotage by his friends saying it is his birthday. 

But actually they have all conspired to trick me up on stage to accompany him. 
Then on the stage, he proposed to me with a ring and a bouquet of flower. 
I agreed immediately.


We went for vacation in Europe (London, Paris), Batam 
and Taiwan for our pre-wedding photoshoot. 
We love how we will already laze around on the bed not doing anything 
but enjoying each other company.

Our relationship has its ups and downs. 
The touching part would be during our courtship period. 
We have never missed a single day of not meeting 
and Edwin had written a book (diary) regarding what happened everyday together and how he felt. 

It was the sweetest thing a guy had done for me. 
Edwin works every hard to give me what I want and to make the wedding happen. 
He puts me before himself and is the most generous man I’ve ever known.

I wrote more than I needed to, I know!
Whatever! the writer in me just kept going on!



AWESOME VIDEO here cos' I feel bad that you have been reading and reading and there's no visuals!


---------------------------------------
ANYWAY!!!

The people that make the wedding a success!!!!!

1. Both Families (duhs! #youdontsay?)

♥ Parents which are of course have to thanks one!
♥ Bei's sister who is also now my sister, Gina for being such an awesome emcee (beyond words!).
♥ Bei's brother-in-law who is now also my bro-in-law, Eugene for helping with the table arrangement and helped us save $$ (Yay!).
♥ Angela & Melvin, despite the pregnancy, kept worrying about our finances and thanks for fat ang pow! LOL
♥ Maggie, baby sister for coming to pick me and my barangs barangs! 
So weird to have baby sister drive me!!!
♥ Mike, for having the "heart" to actually sponsor noon catering and fat any pow too! LOL

2. Relatives

Thanks for coming early in the morning and for the blessing you all have showered on us!

♥ esp. to Bei's Aunties, who were all worrying for our finances, thank you!

3. Sisters & Brothers
♥ Awesome pack of people that are significant in our lives.
Thank you so so so much!

4. Unique-Colours
♥ Adrian, Jane, Alvin & Archie
Thanks so much for capturing the moments and making the amazing video
that has so many likes and praises from so so many!

this is not a paid advertisement, 
but if you like the above video,
you can check out Unique-Colours at the link below!

5. Eric Tan
♥ Thanks for telling us how to pose, asking us to stand at picture-perfect places 
and being so patient with everyone!
I can't wait to see all your pretty photos!

this is not a paid advertisement, 
you can view some of the awesome works/photos taken by Eric here:



6. Little Dream Wedding (Live Band)
♥ Thanks for the music, the pianist is super talented :)

7. Furama Riverfront Hotel
♥ The director, Albert and the banquet manager, Jason who adhered to all our needs
and made this wedding as perfect as they can.

If you are thinking of having your wedding at Furama Riverfont Hotel,
make sure you have them in charge of yours!!

8. Bei, my *ahem* HUSBAND

I take you as my best friend,
my faithful partner
and my one true love.

I promise to encourage you,
inspire you
and to love you truly through good and bad times.

I will forever be there to laugh with you
and lift you up when you are done.

I will love u unconditionally 
as we embark on the start of adventures in our life.

Our photo montage!


No comments: