feed

Sunday, May 27, 2012

TAIWAN - DAY 5 (Part 1)

This trip to Tamsui, was decided by me!
I wanted to be romantic and see the lovers' bridge.
If you are thinking "AHHH so romantic! I want to go", please continue reading!!!!

This is the Lovers' Bridge, which is not romantic at all, just pink tiles!
What's so special? They say the bridge will be lighted in the night, 9:00pm! So, let's see!


From Beitou, we took the train to Tamsui and walked around before getting the ferry tickets to get to Fisherman's Wharf, where the Lovers' Bridge is.



Their mode of transport is largely bikes. REALLY ALOT of bikes in Taiwan!




Saw this and I wanted to try even though it's pork (don't really fancy pork) because it is filled with CHEESE~

NICE!!!! fattening too but worth all the fats that one has to put on. Should have bought two instead of just 1 to share. hehe, glutton!



We've been looking for this - Marble Soft Drink. We finally found it, Bei want to drink this cos he said that this is his childhood drink. For me, I have never ever seen this in my life before! Generation GAP!

Just a normal soft drink BUT in order to drink it, you have to push down the marble at the top. So, as you drink, the marble will be in the bottle and comes down and it's so childish! :p



Quail eggs are my favourite, very high in cholesterol though! They allow to you to sprinkle the pepper on them yourself which is awesome! Taiwan's pepper is different from Singapore! Their pepper is those power that Singaporeans sprinkle on their Shilin Chicken Chop. Mad nice!




Greedy Bei asked me to buy him the huge ice-cream because all the passer-bys were eating it and he wants 1 too. So, I bought the combi version = Vanilla + Choco. I regretted it because as we walked down, I saw more and more stores selling and they even have Strawberry and Macha flavour, which are my favourites!


Almost burst ice-cream after eating this! SO MUCH! 



Grilled Sotong, Bei wanna eat again. I tell you, he is a glutton! All he does in Taiwan is eat and sleep! 
But he's so poor thing. right? He had to accompany me while I shopped like a crazy woman. Have you seen my youtube video on some of my shopping? Here's the link: Shopping Haul from Taiwan




I don't like sotong, but was forced by Bei to try one.








Took a ferry to the legendary Fisherman's Wharf



Sorry, my make-up's gone from the hot spring and I'm not used to bringing my make up everywhere I go.
Look like a ghost here!





A long long ride! But I'm so happy! So excited to see the bridge and take pictures! Typical tourists! lol



Reaching the harbour and I asked Bei "eh, that one is not the bridge, right?"
He said "I think it is eh"
Me: "why does it look so ........"




YES, this is the Lovers' Bridge, which disappoints me to no end.
I wanted to pull my hair out! TRAVELLED SO FAR TO SEE SUCH A BRIDGE!!! 

We decided to be optimistic and hope that the lighting at 9:00 is worth our trip.




See the pink tiles so ...


Must take photo with the cheatmyfeeling bridge


Bei being nice and helping strangers to take photo.



Some website said that sunset here is breathtaking.
Yes, indeed breathtaking, with the dark clouds. It looks like it is going to pour heavily.




Many doggies around.


Sat down to rest our feet 




The Actual:

And what you see on advertisement:




Saw a couple having their pre-wedding photoshoots at the bridge, and I really couldn't comprehend why!
There are so many nicer places to go to in Taiwan, why here!
Bei said maybe they met here.
-_-"""

One more picture of the cheatmyfeelings bridge


Stairs that you have to climb like crazy



The sky doesn't looks good, so we gave up and decided to head to Starbucks to chill instead and wait for the bridge to be lighted.



This reminds me of the Eiffel Tower, which we tried so hard to capture the Eiffel + Us in Paris.



The sunset from the Starbucks


Bei's forever using his phone


We waited and waited for the bridge to light up, till the sky turns dark.


The bridge when lighted up. I am so disappointed! WHICH PART IS ROMANTIC?
AND OF ALL COLOURS, WHY DON'T USE PINK?
Pink = Romance
Green = Hulk

If you are going to Taiwan, DON'T GO TO THIS PLACE, WASTE MY TIME!!!!!
Could have went to another night market to shop and eat!

Returned to the hotel room and found this in the drawer, which I only opened up on Day 5 
So cool, you book couple room, then they even provide you this!
Didn't use this, of course!!!! But brought it back as souvenir and thinking of giving it to my friend during Christmas as a prank! heh!



If you still don't know what it is, I guess you would know now, by the photo below.

No comments: