feed

Friday, May 11, 2012

TAIWAN - DAY 1

After the crazy encounter with missing the flight in Philippines, I made sure that I wont miss the flight to Taiwan from Singapore, which didn't turn out well either.

My flight was in the morning, I think it was 8:00 am so I planned to reach the airport latest at 7:00 am.
That means I have to be up at 5:30 am, which is very early for me!
One hour to do any last minute packing and getting ready, half an hour to travel to the airport.

So, being very paranoid and so damn excited, I didn't NOT TO SLEEP at all. That was a very BAD idea!

I was up the whole night surfing the internet, while Bei slept. I practically surfed all the websites that I can surfed, till about 3:00 am and was MAD SLEEPY already! Then I woke Bei up the whole night, asking him to get up to complete his work! THEN.....

He woke up and said, "Sleep awhile, I wake up liao"
Me: "Don't want, later can't wake up eh"
He: "I wake up already, come! Come sleep awhile!"

So, I went to bed!!!! AND HE DID NOT WAKE UP!!! The alarm wasn't set either!!!

WE WOKE UP FINALLY AT 7:00 am!! Actually, he was the one who woke up. I was still sleeping soundly!
I got a shock when I saw that it was 7:00 am!! MAD RUSH!

He brushed and washed his face, while I packed swept all the skincare and make up into my bag.
Then, we called for a cab and headed to the main road. I DID NOT EVEN BRUSH OR WASH MY FACE!! So damn scared, I almost burst out crying! I kept asking the cab driver to drive faster!

To cut the long story short, no, we didn't miss the flight (Thank God!). We reached the airport at 7:20am and there was still a short queue of people checking in (Phew!). I love Singapore! :D




























We reached Taipei and Bei asked me to take the map from the counter. I didn't know which to take and so,  I took everything (almost!). Bei scolded me and said that I'm like shopping for books.

Walked around near the Yolai Hotel (which is near the Bridal Shop - Romantic Life)
By the way, we flew to Taiwan to have our pre-wedding photos taken :)




























Night market near the hotel, so convenient!



























Tried this fried roti-prata with cheese and egg, which is OHMYDELICIOUS!



























I'm so craving for it now!




























Saw this shop which seems pretty good but we didn't try because it is always empty.
Haha! We will only dine at places with long queue or is very crowded.



























Trying to find the best place to have our first meal in Taiwan!



































Finally settled on a dumpling store!
Their dumplings and wantons are all hand-made.



























Soya Bean Milk and sauces



























We were so hungry, we ate without taking photos!
This was what's left!
The Hot & Spicy soup isn't to my liking, but the fried dumpling is LOVE! AWESOME!
So delicious!! They even have steamed curry wantons! I tried and it tasted like the Nissin Curry Noodles. LOL




























Went back to the hotel to make up and headed to the Bridal Studio (Romantic Life) for dress fitting and venue choosing. Took just about an hour and we're done! 

Needed to get a couple of stuffs for the photo shoot (Bride-to-be, take note!):
1. Safety shorts (white)
2. Boots (Depends on the style of yours)
3. For male, white boxers

Taking the train to Shilin Night Market, to shop and eat!




























It was pouring, so borrow the umbrella from Wu Jie (Romantic Life's staff)
I bought my photo shoot package from Wu Jie who is very very nice!



























Everyone commented that I was dressed for Summer as I'm in tee and shorts.
Most people are wearing long sleeves and jackets on.
The temperature in Taiwan is about 23C, like in an air con room. Very good! It's cool and bright (Sunny) in the day and gets colder at night (usually raining at night).




Can't stop looking around!




























They have those street games like fishing, prawning, even playing majong, a little like Singapore's pasar malam.




























Poor Bei had to carry the umbrella, important docs (passports etc) and my shopping bags!



He was so hungry from the walking. I call it shopping, he calls it walking cos' he was just simply following me. So, we headed to the food section which is located in the basement.






Tried the fried crab, not very delicious as it looks but love the pepper they sprinkle on.
Taiwan's pepper is so much nicer, I don't know why!





























Bei went to queue for Chicken while I waited for him at a ice shop.




























Their ice is soooooo nice, so much better than in Singapore!
This costs only about SGD 3 and they were very generous with the mango. Such huge pieces!




























I wanna go back there again!





























The chicken that took close to 40mins waiting time! But worth it! HAHA! Bei queued and I ate it!
Super huge and I ate like 70% of it and passed it to Bei. The remaining 30% were just skin + bones!
HAHAHAHA! I didn't know! I thought it's all meat. He was so grumpy about it, he keep complaining about it the whole trip!




























Walked and ate a bit more, before we called it a day! Headed back to hotel to have a good night rest! Photo shoot the very next day!












1 comment:

Unknown said...

Taiwan is a nice place to go. Weeding shoot is a good Choice in Taiwan . But not Romantic life bridal shop. Overcharged no service. Never ever use