feed

Saturday, May 19, 2012

TAIWAN - DAY 3 PART 1

LOADS OF PHOTOS for day 3!
So, I had to split them into 2 entries!

Rise and Shine!

Woke up early and spent 1 hour waking Bei up >.<











Taking the train, which is really very convenient!


I do nothing but follow. Bei does all the job, all the route-planning and getting us to the destinations.





























See his finger pointing? Think he was trying to show me the route etc, but I was too busy taking pictures, in the end, he gave up on me.

I am if no help at all, totally!

Previously in London & Paris, I also just followed around. Haha!




























More map pictures:

Typical tourists with the MRT token. Didnt purchase the "ezlink" or card or whatever they called it, cos wasn't sure if that is more cost-saving.




































We took the MRT to take the train. AHHH, the trains are such a bother!

It's so complicated and the train staffs weren't very informative and helpful like the MRT staff. :(

It's all a mess and all mandarin station names with not much information written on it. MEHHHH!

Somemore, they have fixed timing, so if you missed the train, you will need to wait pretty long for the next one. That is what happened to us! But we missed the train because I needed to go to the washroom to relieve myself. HAHA, got scolded by Bei for one WHOLE DAY!

Anyway, GUESS what I saw on the train?


Zoomed in straight away and started snapping like some crazy fanatic!
They have so many cute dogs in Taiwan, most are wearing clothes, all dressed up looking ohmysocute!



The scenery, I bet my mum likes. She likes to travel to see all these trees, mountains and rocks.




Took a photo of the train timing so that we won't forget about it. Or rather, so that when Bei ask me about him, I could be of some help!

Looks complicated, right? 



Here comes my favourite part of Day 3: Lantern Lighting as shown in the movie "Apple of my Eye"



You can spot the lighted lanterns the moment you stepped out of the train.


There were a lot of tourists! We were so excited! Our first time doing this!


Went to the very first shop along the street, which is the nearest to the train station. 
After lighting the lantern, we walked down the street and found many shops doing the same thing and at a lower price, 
but 
NO REGRETS 
on choosing the first shop because the owners were so nice and TOOK FANTASTIC PHOTOS! PICTURE PERFECT! 

I'm going to use those for my photo montage!


I bought a lot of these as souvenirs because they allow you to choose chinese words to stamp on the dangling wood. I stamped "healthy family", "success in work", "study hard" and even "success in dieting" and "may your husband be rich". 

I made one for myself too - "May your husband be rich" and "happy marriage".

As I think back now, I cant believe that I bought so many of those as souvenirs! Faint!
You see, I'm always very practical and will only buy people practical stuffs, but hello, keychains?
Sighs, I hope they put good use to it! I spent one hour choosing what to stamp on the keychains! ._.





These are drawn by the owner(s) themselves and hung in the shop as decor. So damn nice!



That's me hard at work, writing down all my wishes! heh!


Still writing! First time doing these, so writing down ALL my wishes!



Wrote for Bei, Family and Friends :D


Bei's:

Writing like a BOSS:


Me, writing on the other side, with Iphone on the other hand, to check on how to write words in mandarin.
LOL..I wanted to write in English, but everyone was writing in Mandarin. So I wrote in Mandarin, MORE FEEL!


Bei's, with so little words. Short & Sweet.

Me, on the other side, squeezing all I can! Hhaha, ESSAY writing!!!


Still writing after what seems like 20 mins!


Finally, done, my masterpiece:

The owner is soooo nice!
Bei asked him to help us take one picture, and he went all the way out and tell us, "Stand there, here, pose like that, look here" and took the below pictures like a pro!





This is the last picture he took and MY FAVOURITE!!!!! LIKE IN THE DRAMA!!!!!!!!

Our lighted lantern, carrying all our wishes for our loved ones.

Walked down the street and saw a long queue for this beancurd, so I tried it.
It was only so-so.

Ordered the beancurd with glass jelly and ice
Happy cos' I like to eat cold things in cold weather! :D




Bei queued for this, because it has a long queue too. 
Haha, typical singaporeans!


He's frowning because the queue was taking so long! Good food must wait!





Happy Bei ordering his choice and showing the expression of 
"TAKE MY MONEY, GIVE ME MY FOOD"

Glutton eating so much! LOL

Still eating and constantly looking for more food to buy *pinch cheeks*



Went to look for gift shop to get a postcard to thank the Romantic Life crew for the successful photoshoot :D This postcard is 3D oh!!!





Bought bubble tea to drink.
I don't really like bubble tea in Taiwan. I don't know why I read on blogs that so many people commented that all the bubble tea in Taiwan is nice, even if u just buy from any random stores.

But I find all of it so bland. -.-
Not sweet one when I even requested for 100% sugar level!

I ended up drinking KOI almost everyday, because the rest really can't make it.
KOI wasn't fantastic there either.Sighs! But they are cheap, just $1.5 to $2.



Enjoying the cool weather, and eating non-stop!



Made our way to the train station to get to our next destination.

They even have such nice lanterns hanging at the train station. So CHIO, the floral!!!!


Stay Tune!


No comments: